5 minutes prep, 20 minutes total
- Whole Black Sea Bass
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- Lemon Slices, 1 per fish
- Mixed Olives, optional
- Capers, optional
- Preheat the over to 475°.
- Brush both sides of the fish with olive oil and season with salt.
- Put a lemon slice and thyme sprigs into the cavity of each fish. You can also throw in a couple of mixed olives and capers.
- Set the fish on a baking sheet and roast for about 12-15 minutes. You'll know the fish are just cooked through when the skin starts to break up and crunch when you push down on it.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fish and serve. The skin can be peeled off gently with a fork and discarded.